If you are unhappy with the appearance of your teeth, Dr. Silberg offers many combinations of surgical and non-surgical procedures designed specifically for each patient's cosmetic concerns. We pride ourselves on the fact that we are very conservative in our treatment recommendations and recommended surgery only when absolutely necessary.
There are several procedures that can be done for cosmetic reasons:
- Gum grafts can cover sensitive or exposed root surfaces and may prevent future gum recession.
- Gum Depigmentation: Having discoloration in your gums can be embarrassing and may make you feel uncomfortable when smiling. Your gums not only help keep your teeth in place, but they also assist in framing your smile. Getting a Gum Depigmentation treatment can help show the natural you!
- Reshaping of short, out of proportion or unsightly teeth can greatly improve the appearance of a smile by using a combination of periodontal procedures by Dr. Silberg and cosmetic dentistry by your dentist.
- Crown lengthening may be done if decay occurs below the gum line or if a tooth exhibits significant breakdown. Your dentist may ask for this procedure before he or she makes a new crown for your tooth.
Esthetic crown lengthening may be done to facilitate a crown or veneer. Oftentimes it is indicated when the patient has a "
- Ridge augmentation and Ridge preservation procedures can be done to build-up collapsed areas of gum and bone or can be done to prevent collapse at the time that a tooth is extracted.
- Impacted teeth can be exposed and brought down to blend with the gum tissues.
- Using the Perioscope, Dr. Silberg can identify cracks, perforations and other disease-causing flaws of the tooth root's surface.
- For scaling and root planing, Dr. Silberg offers local drug delivery to enhance healing.
Cosmetic Case Study: Elaine
Elaine hated her smile. Her teeth were the wrong size and were misshapen. The gum line was sloping. Dr. Silberg worked with her restoring dentist to provide the cosmetic gum procedures that were needed prior to rebuilding the teeth.