If you wish to improve the appearance of your smile, We can work with you to create the beautiful natural looking smile you dream about.
If you are unhappy with the appearance of your teeth, Dr. Katherine L. Roll and Dr. Kelly B. Williams offer many combinations of surgical and non-surgical procedures designed specifically for each patient’s cosmetic concerns. We pride ourselves on the fact that we are very conservative in our treatment recommendations and recommend surgery only when absolutely necessary.
There are several procedures that can be done for cosmetic reasons:
- Gum grafts can cover sensitive or exposed root surfaces and may prevent future gum recession.
- Recontouring gums is a procedure that corrects the appearance of teeth that seem out of proportion. It can greatly enhance the beauty of your smile by using a combination of periodontal procedures and your general dentist.
- Crown lengthening may be done if decay occurs below the gum line or if a tooth exhibits significant breakdown. Your dentist may ask for this procedure before he or she makes a new crown for your tooth.
- Esthetic crown lengthening may be done to facilitate a crown or veneer. Oftentimes it is a solution when the patient has a “gummy smile.”
- Ridge augmentation and Ridge preservation procedures can be done to build-up collapsed areas of gum and bone or can be done to prevent collapse at the time that a tooth is extracted.
- Impacted teeth can be exposed and brought down to blend with the gum tissues.
- Using the Perioscope, Dr. Roll and Dr. Williams can identify cracks, perforations and other disease-causing flaws of the tooth root’s surface.
- For scaling and root planing, we offer local drug delivery to enhance healing.
Cosmetic Case Study: Elaine
Elaine hated her smile. Her teeth were the wrong size and were misshapen. The gum line was sloping. We worked with her restoring dentist to provide the cosmetic gum procedures that were needed prior to rebuilding the teeth.
Case Study: Ashley