Since bacterial plaque is the main cause of periodontal disease, it follows that most people are not effective and consistent at removing plaque on a daily basis. Since there is no cure for gum disease (because there is not cure for plaque) and since plaque forms constantly on the teeth, whether you eat or not, gum disease can come back if you do not effectively remove all the plaque from the teeth every day. Effective plaque control (oral hygiene) is therefore one of the most important action steps needed to help prevent the return of periodontal disease.
To help you control the disease and prevent re-infections, we have developed a comprehensive preventive plaque control (oral hygiene) training program. This will help insure predictable treatment and long-term success.
- We will spend as much time and schedule as many visits as you need.
- Training is custom designed specifically for you.
- Gives you the opportunity to share responsibility for your dental future.
- Allow you to participate in your care.
- Reduces chances of re-infection.
- Reduces chances of decay.
- Saves you money.
Cost: There is a once in a lifetime fee!
During the active phase of your treatment, we will spend as much time as we feel you need to perfect your plaque removal skills. Please be patient with the process and with us. We will monitor your progress and review your techniques frequently. Whenever we feel you need additional training it will be done at no additional cost, ever!