Insurance Information for New Patients
You may preregister with our office by filling out our secure online Patient Registration Form. On your first visit to our office, we will have your completed form available for your signature. The security and privacy of your personal data is one of our primary concerns and we have taken every precaution to protect it.Patient Registration Forms
Your insurance is a contract between you and/or your employer and/or the insurance company. We are not a party to that contract. Questions regarding why your company includes or excludes certain services should be directed to your employer.
Our fees are based on your individual needs and what doctor Silberg feels will be required to provide the highest quality care. The exact amount of reimbursement will vary between insurance companies. Some companies reimburse based on an arbitrary schedule of fees, which has no relationship to the current standard, and cost of your care.
Insurance is considered a method of reimbursing the patient for fees paid to the doctor and is not a substitute for payment. Some companies pay fixed allowances for certain procedures, and others pay a percentage of the charge. It is your responsibility to pay any deductible amount, co-insurance or any other balance not paid for by our insurance.
Your insurance coverage may or may not include benefits for services provided in this office. The benefits you may receive are established by the terms of the contract that has been purchased by your employer or you. The formula your insurance carrier uses, if benefits are covered, may be less than the fee we have established as necessary for your care.
There are several ways benefit amounts are determined:
- Some plans pay a set dollar amount for service.
- It is common for a plan to pay a percentage of what the insurance industry calls the usual, customary or prevailing fee. Each insurance carrier establishes their own usual, customary and prevailing fees by use of a complicated formula, which is confidential and not made public. In our view, usual and customary is an insurance term that means, average care. The care we provide is designed to be excellent rather than average.
- Many policies require that an annual deductible be paid. Amounts range from $25 to $250.
- Most plans set an annual or lifetime limit on benefits.
- Very few insurance companies require a pre-treatment estimate. We will prepare one if it is important for you to understand what your financial obligation will be. The insurance company will notify you or us as to what benefits they will pay. Please review your insurance booklet thoroughly and be sure to ask questions of your companys representative so that you do not have surprises when you are asked to meet your financial obligations. We are prepared to assist you as much as possible. At times we are unable to help due to contractual limitations or interpretations by the insurance carrier.
Filing insurance claims is a courtesy that we extend to our patients. All charges are your responsibility from the date the services are rendered. If a temporary financial problem will effect timely payment of your account, we encourage you to contact us promptly for assistance in the management of your account.
We are committed to running a financially responsible practice that benefits our patients through high quality, high value results facilitated by our ongoing investment in state of the art equipment and extensive continuing education for the doctor and all our staff. We will assist you in insurance and financial arrangements needed for care. However, you must recognize that it is your responsibility to fulfill your financial commitment to our office promptly and completely.
Prior to treatment our financial co-coordinator will assist you with financial arrangements. We can offer you the following payment options for your care:
- Up to a 5% courtesy fee reduction for payment before treatment is rendered
- Treatment fees divided into 2 or 3 equal payments
- We can help you arrange a No Interest loan for up to 12 months
- We can help you arrange a Low Interest loan for 12 to 48 months
If you have dental insurance we will help you process your claim. Click here to read more about dental insurance.
CareCredit for dental procedures
We're pleased to offer our patients CareCredit, North America's leader in patient payment plans. CareCredit lets you begin your treatment immediately then pay for it over time with monthly payments that fit easily into your monthly budget.
Your healthcare credit card.
CareCredit is the credit card exclusively for healthcare services. With no up-front costs and no pre-payment penalties, CareCredit lets you pay over time and frees up cash and credit cards for the other things you want or need. CareCredit offers monthly payment plans for healthcare procedures not commonly covered by insurance, including dental treatments. Plus, you can use your card again and again to pay for additional treatment for yourself or family members in any CareCredit practice.
- Minimum monthly payments
- No up-front costs or pre-payment penalties
Apply online for your CareCredit card today. You'll be smiling bright in no time.