Gum Recession in Children - Children as young as 7 or 8 may have a tooth that has recession like the one you see here.Request Appointment
Look closely and you will see that the adjacent teeth have not completely erupted and are still covered with gum tissue. They appear to be short while the tooth with recession appears long.
The decision to treat the recession will depend on the answers to the following questions.
- How much gum tissue has been lost?
- How much gum tissue remains?
- How much of the root is exposed?
- What is the position of the tooth relative to the bone and the adjacent teeth?
- Is orthodontics planned for the child?
- How old is the child?
Click here for more information on the Treatment for Gum Recession